Monday, July 12, 2010

Old Becomes New

I know that I haven't yet posted my Week 2 Quilt. The truth is life happened this week SO it's not finished yet. It's in the works, but not quite there yet.

I did manage, however, to finish this project. A glider rocker cover! It was for a friend who just had an adorable little baby boy.



I wish I had before pictures of this beauty. It apparently was a yellowish ugly wood with a faded blue denim cover. My friend spray painted the wood black and then I made removable covers in a dark navy blue for the back and seat pads. I also added more padding to the arms because they were pretty beat.



I think the chair was free and the 3 yards of fabric used totaled $15. I love when something old becomes new!

3 comments:

  1. okay, LOVE this. we have the same glider but it's still the ugly blonde wood and a smooshed ugly green cover...this totally gives me confidence to paint and recover ours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to do that for my glider? I'll pay you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course Rach! Which color/style of fabric would you like? Email me: cutsewrepeat(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete