Monday, January 4, 2010

The Reason...

I love creating. I love making something truly unique. I loved this project.

It is a picture memory quilt for a friends' boyfriend. She wanted it to include pictures of his two daughters who currently reside with their mother. .

He's changing some things in his life that will allow him to be with his daughters more often

I wasn't able to see his reaction in person, but my friend said that her boyfriend cried when he opened this quilt and saw all of the pictures of his beautiful girls.

This is the reason I love to create.

***This quilt took a total of 1 day to create. From start to finish. I used a simple Log Cabin pattern with a picture in the center. The best product for printing pictures on to fabric is called "Printed Treasures". It's a little pricey, but the results are beautiful and lasting. Comment if you'd like a tutorial done on this quilt method. I'm thinking this would be an awesome gift for Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I love Log Cabin Quilts - They are so easy and fun & can turn out way different everytime you make one! What a great Idea to put a photo in the center of the blocks! I love it! great jpb Alli! <3 Chris

    ReplyDelete